Serving the Charlotte Area for Over 20 Years
Watering Your Trees With Rainwater
Rainwater is best when it comes to watering your trees for a number of reasons. Rainwater is:
- Free of salts (sodium), minerals, harmful chemicals (chlorine/fluoride), water softeners and pollutants usually found in municipal treated water.
- Contains traces of organic material (good as fertilizer for your trees).
- Keeps your soil pH in balance.
- Conserves freshwater, reduces water pollution, lowers your water bill.
- The natural temperature of rainwater doesn’t shock your tree’s roots.
The easiest method of collecting rainwater for irrigation is taking it from building gutters or downspout diverters and storing it in a clean outdoor tank, rain barrel or cistern. Containers should stand covered in a shaded place. Warning: using harvested rainwater for drinking requires several levels of filtration and chemicals for disinfection.
Please Call 704-366-1134 with any questions regarding collecting rainwater for irrigation or SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT on-line with an AAA TREE EXPERTS Arborist. An evaluation with one of our tree care consultants is FREE OF CHARGE.